Posted by: Wayne | August 14, 2011

More Coamings

This weekend was a bit rough.  The two-year-old came down with a staph infection and had to have 48 hours of IV antibiotics.  Needless to say, less happened on the boat than originally planned.  This evening I was able to glue the rest of the coaming pieces into place.  Earlier in the week I had installed the aft side coamings.  This evening involved the remaining 3 pieces (forward sides and aft center).  I didn’t get any pictures of the process, but I did get a few teaser shots of the installed coamings.

Looking aft from straight ahead. All coamings are installed and epoxy is starting to cure.

Rear coaming clamped into place. It may need a little bit of trimming with a plane on the starboard corner.

Oblique shot of the forward and side coamings. I may use a plane to trim down the powderhorn around the second bar clamp aft. It will depend on how it looks from a distance.

Tomorrow I plan to take the boat outside and do the final trimming of the coamings with a block plane (weather permitting).  I am also hoping to get the boat flipped over so I can start on the underside.

That’s all for now folks.  Time to crash for an evening.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: